Saturday, October 25, 2014

HPB October Halloween Mani Link-Up

Hi all! Today I have a mani as part of a link-up with other bloggers from a Facebook group called Hobby Polish Bloggers. Hobby Polish Bloggers is for bloggers who do it more casually and just for fun than some of the huge bloggers out there. It is a great group of women who encourage each other and share tips and tricks about blogging and polish and I am so glad to be a part of it. (That was quite the run-on sentence I know.) We will be doing monthly link-up posts to help support each other and hopefully introduce people to some new, fun blogs.

Of course, this month the theme is Halloween; which made me very happy. I love Halloween and this part of the year in general. Because my absolute favorite holiday movie is Nightmare Before Christmas I decided to attempt a mani based on it. I usually don't attempt any sort of elaborate artwork, and this isn't really very elaborate, but for me it was a stretch and I'm really psyched about how it came out!


I got the idea for the Jack face and stripes from a pic I had on Pinterest (here). And I had seen tutorials for patchwork nails and kind of winged it for colors for the Sally nail. Unfortunately, I am definitely not ambidextrous so my other hand does NOT look like this. I used some Jack and Sally water decals. But some of them didn't want to lie flat and the polish got kind of goopy on a few nails because of it so I didn't take a pic.

But, yeah, I hope you enjoyed my attempt at Nightmare Before Christmas nail art. I had fun doing it but I'll probably stick to simpler things for the most part in the future.

How about you? Any Nightmare Before Christmas fans out there? I would love to see any nail art that any of you have done (doesn't have to be NBC related). Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check out the ladies who are linked below!

'Til We Meet Again...
Rebecca  :)

21 comments:

  1. I really love the patchwork nail for Sally! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've never really done anything like it before so I was pretty pleased with it too. :)

      Delete
  2. You've done a really great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done! I especially like the Sally patchwork finger!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! The patchwork nail is super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that Jack and Sally are both represented in this design. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love both characters so I wanted to represent both of them.

      Delete
  6. How did you get your stripes so clean?! Also, I like what you did with the second accent more than what I did. So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Makenna! For the stripes I did a white base, taped the stripes off with striping tape and then did the coat of black and peeled them off. The tutorial I saw said to freehand them with a striping polish but I knew I wouldn't be able to make them look good that way.

      Delete
  7. This looks great! I love Nightmare Before Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hubby and I are huge fans of it also; we have little knick knacks all over the house that we keep up year-round.

      Delete
  8. Not a fan personally, but I can surely appreciate a great Nightmare Before Christmas design like yours! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's definitely not everyone's cup of tea; but thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is sooo cute! I just love the patchwork design.
    (^o^)

    ReplyDelete