Thursday, February 12, 2015

HPB Presents... A Valentine's Day Mani Link-Up

Hi! I'm so excited that I finally get to post this Valentine's Day mani! I did it last weekend and am absolutely in love with it but I had to wait until it was time to share. I belong to a group on Facebook called Hobby Polish Bloggers and we do a monthly link-up (the last time I participated was for Halloween). It's a really great group and is a good way to meet new people and learn new things about blogging.

I'm not big on Valentine's Day. I personally think it's over-rated and corporate; but I also love all of the colors and symbols of the season. So I sat down to do my nails and this is what I came up with.


And the polishes I used were:
White - OPI Alpine Snow
Light Pink - OPI Chic From Ears To Tail
Dark Pink - SOPI It's All About Me
Red - Zoya Sooki
Black - Wet 'n Wild Black Cream

I did the designs with dotting tools and striping tape. I am actually shocked at how well they turned out and I haven't been able to stop looking at my nails! 

Now my right hand is a different story. I didn't even want to attempt to do this with my left hand but I still wanted it to look festive. So I used some of the above colors and used some toppers to add some interest.


And the polishes I used for this hand were:
Thumb - Zoya Sooki topped with Ninja Polish Candy Cane Floam
Index Finger - OPI Chic From Ears To Tail topped with OPI Minnie Style
Middle Finger - OPI Pussy Galore
Ring Finger - OPI Chic From Ears To Tail topped with KB Shimmer Candy Cane Crush
Pinky Finger - Zoya Sooki topped with Nubar White Polka Dot

So what do you think? Like I said I'm pretty proud of it and I still have it on actually. It's chipping a bit but it's actually holding up pretty well. Make sure to check out the manis from my fellow Hobby Polish Bloggers using the links below.

Happy Valentine's Day!
Rebecca :)

11 comments:

  1. You did an excellent job both hands are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I had fun doing them.

      Delete
  2. I love how both hands are different, but still go together :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! There was no way I was going to attempt those designs on my other hand.

      Delete
  3. That checkerboard design on your ring finger is so perfectly executed! I like the rest of your nails but that one really grabbed my attention! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen! That's my favorite nail too.

      Delete
  4. You SHOULD be proud, it's pretty <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How do you do the checkerboard so perfectly?! I love this. All of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I used striping tape and then a small dotting tool to apply the colors inside the squares.

      Delete