Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Once Upon A Time From Darling Girl Cosmetics

Hi again! So yesterday I came home to a package from Darling Girl Cosmetics. At first I thought it was the small birthday order that I recently placed but as I was opening it I realized that it was a bit too soon for that to be coming in the mail. Then I read the postcard that came with it and realized that it was a care package from the Susan (the creator of Darling Girl Cosmetics). She knows that I have been down a lot lately and sent me a package to help cheer me up. She is such a sweetheart and I love her to death; she's like my sister from another mister and we share an (un)healthy obsession with Duran Duran. We've never met in person but I hope someday to get the opportunity so I can give her a giant hug

There were 3 eyeshadows in the package that I quickly realized weren't from any collection that is out now; they are from an upcoming Once Upon A Time collection and haven't been released yet! Of course I quickly ran to Facebook to message Susan and thank her from the bottom of my heart. She told me that she will be doing mini collections for Once Upon A Time. The 3 shadows I have will be joined by a gloss and she will also be doing a villains collection to go along with it. On to the swatches...

 L-R:  If I Only Had A Heart, Hot As Baelfire, Let's Hook Up
Natural Light
 Ott Light
Sunlight

These colors are amazing! I have yet to watch Once Upon A Time (it is in my Netflix queue) so these names don't mean much to me but that doesn't keep me from loving the colors. If I Only Had A Heart has a light greyed-taupe base that turns into a crazy golden shimmer at the right angle. Hot As Baelfire is a matte, purply taupe that is gorgeous. And Let's Hook Up is a blackened olive with crazy gold sparkle.

These shadows, as well as a gloss and the villains to go along with them, should be released some time in February so definitely keep an eye out for them. Darling Girl Cosmetics is one of my all-time favorite indie companies and you could not be supporting a nicer person when you buy there. Susan's colors are all crazy beautiful and complex and her collection ideas are awesome. I have a ton of her pretties so maybe I'll just start doing some swatch posts. 

Head on over to Darling Girl Cosmetics and check out the sparkle!

'Til We Meet Again...
Rebecca :)

No comments:

Post a Comment