Saturday, November 3, 2012

My Halloween Look

So, I said I was going to post about my Halloween look and here it is! Shocker I know... 2 posts within a few days. But anyway, I don't know how or when purple started being one of the main Halloween colors but I can't say I'm sad about it. Purple is and always has been one of my favorite colors. It doesn't seem like it would look good when paired with orange but somehow it just works.

Once again I used my Sleek Acid eyeshadow palette for the orange. For the purple I busted out a Sephora palette that I got for Christmas a few years ago. Then I got out the liquid eyeliner and went to town. Here are the results:
Now, I am by no means an artist; which is pretty obvious. But this is the good version! For the first attempt I tried stretching the skin out a bit to have a smoother surface (because I AM almost 40 years old and getting some of that wrinkly, crepe-y skin on my eyelids). It was NOT pretty! It was all distorted and wonky and looked really bad. I should have gotten a picture actually; would have been kinda funny. Oh well.

So then I slapped on some black lipgloss (which is way out of my usual comfort zone...but it was Halloween so why not?).
The earrings I have on were my creations also. I did a black background with orange glitter from one of those no-name brands in the cute jack-o-lantern shaped bottles that come out every year. I wore these almost every day during the month of October; I love how they turned out!

 Here's what I used for the look:
     Eyes: Tick:Tock Cosmetics Infinity eyeshadow base in Milky Way
               Sephora Color Play Palette II - 2 of the purple shades
               Milani Eye Tech Extreme liquid eye liner in Blackest Black for the liner and the spider
               Stila Major Lash mascara in black

     Face: Sally Hansen Natural Beauty Your Skin Makeup in Porcelain
               Milani Even-Touch Powder Foundation in Shell

     Lips: Wet 'n Wild Fantasy Makers lipgloss in Wicked Witch

I had fun creating and wearing this look. I'm really enjoying playing around with color and things that I normally wouldn't wear. After all, it's only makeup and if I don't like it I can wash it off! 

I've got a really cool nail polish to show you on Tuesday. It is a red/white/blue glitter so it's perfect for election day. See you then!

'Til We Meet Again...
Rebecca  :)

*I purchased some of these products myself and received some of them as gifts*
 








4 comments:

  1. This is look is so fun!!! I also really liked the candy corn shadow. You know what it reminds me of... The Girl With The Dragon Tatoo!

    Well, maybe not the orange eye shadow, but the black gloss for sure. Come to think of it, that would have been a cool costume... Maybe next year.

    Loving your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my dear! Finally have something to show for all of the money and time I spend on this stuff! :)

      Delete