Monday, July 9, 2012

My 4th Of July Eyes

Hello! So, my second post within a week. Woo hoo! I actually had an unexpected day off today; I got a text last night asking if I wanted to take today off. Who am I to refuse right?

Anyway, today I have some pics of the makeup I wore on my eyes on the 4th of July. I decided to do something fun using red, white and blue shadows. It doesn't sound very wearable but it actually was and I was pretty happy with the way it turned out. First, here are the products I used:


I started the whole thing off with Urban Decay Primer Potion which works really well for me. If I don't use a primer my eyeshadow will crease like nobody's business within an hour. On top of the primer I used a layer of Darling Girl Cosmetics White Rabbit paint pot to give an even paler base for the color. Next was MAC Chill all over the lid, the red shade from the Wet 'n Wild Enter A New Realm palette in the crease, MAC Tilt above that and I lined my eyes with the blue shade in the Wet 'n Wild Earth Looks Small From Down Here palette. I then used MAC Cork in my brows and a random Bare Escentuals mascara from a long-ago holiday gift set.

I really love the Wet 'n Wild eye shadow palettes. First of all, they are only $2.99 for 3 colors. Secondly, they are really good quality! Most of the shadows are very soft (but not so soft that they crumble), very pigmented, and they last the whole day. I remember wearing super frosty pink Wet 'n Wild lipgloss back in the day. And one of my all-time favorite nail polishes is a shimmery royal blue from ages age. It brings me back for sure and makes me feel old....

Oh yeah, I should probably show you a picture of my eyes right? Well, eye...I only took a picture of one. And here it is:


I really liked how this looked! And it lasted perfectly all day long. I didn't want to take it off before I went to bed, but as we all know it's not good to go to bed with our makeup on. :)


'Til We Meet Again

Rebecca  :)

*I purchased all of these products myself. *

No comments:

Post a Comment